SLIDER

Big Announcement!

I became interested in photography in the summer of 2009. For 3 years, I lived photography. I joined all sorts of photography groups and forums so that I could learn as much as I possibly could. I followed top wedding photographers and aspired to be just like them. My brother surprised me with a brand new camera in the winter of 2009, one that I still use to this day.

In 2012, I decided that after my last wedding, I will not be shooting anymore. It was the same year that I had two back to back miscarriages (one that occurred at the end of my last wedding in March). It was the same year that I got pregnant twins. Well, I've been crazy busy since then learning to be a mom to not just one baby, but two! And earlier this year, I announced the launch of a new wedding blog, while still running another wedding blog that I launched in Fall 2011. So, I've just been a little busy.

Throughout all of this, my passion for photography continued to grow and get stronger and I just wanted so badly to go out and shoot. But I was scared. Scared of meeting new people. Scared of disappointing clients and scared of not a being good enough photographer. But then my brother got engaged and asked me to document his proposal, the engagement photos, and his wedding. Upon delivering their photos, seeing the reaction from them and my mom, I just knew that I couldn't let this talent that God gave me go to waste - despite how insecure I felt about it at times.

So with that said, I'm happy and excited to announce that I'm getting back into photography! At this time, I'm just planning on doing it very, very, part-time - a few shoots here and there. I won't be doing any wedding photography at this time, other than my brother's wedding next March. However, whether I decide to do it or not will be decided after my brother's wedding. But for now, I just want to shoot portraits of individuals and of couples. I may or may not dabble a little in family photography but we'll see about that ;)

Because of this exciting announcement, the first 5 people who book a session for this year will get 50% off their session (see below for what the session includes). Email me at damarismia [at] gmail [com] to book your session or for any questions you might have.

>>> A portrait session with Damaris Mia includes 1-1.5 hours of shooting time with at least 50-75 images delivered via an online gallery. Normal rates are $500 but the first 5 people who book can get their shoot for $250! This offer applies to any couples shoot (anniversary, engagement, just because, holiday photos). For individual shoots and family portrait sessions, please inquire for a custom quote. Discounted portrait sessions must take place in the OC area by December 31, 2014. <<<


© DAMARIS MIA • Theme by Maira G.